08/16/2015 (10:00 am - 11:00 am)
Galveston Island State Park Nature Center
14901 FM 3005
Galveston, Texas 77554
Although we begin at the Nature Center (on the bay side of the park), Ranger Lisa will lead you to the water of Galveston Bay to discover the great value of our estuaries. We’ll be looking for animals, exploring the use of plants, and make it up to the top of the observation tower for some good views.
What to expect:
- Restrooms available at Nature Center (starting location)
- One-mile drive to hiking location
- Short, light hike
- ADA-accessible trails and observation tower
- Wetland discovery through sight, sounds, touch, taste, and smell.
What to bring:
- Be sure to get a park pass (either from park office, or self-pay station)
- Clothing suitable for being outdoors
- Camera, for those great scenery and wildlife shots.