04/23/2016 (8:30 am - 9:30 am)
Galveston Island State Park
14901 FM 3005
Stretch, relax, and join us for yoga on the beach!
The forgiving beach sand welcomes you to the warmth and refreshing breezes of a new day. Join Ranger Lisa on this short morning yoga session at the day-use area of our beach (just down the boardwalk from the restrooms and picnic tables. We hope you take this opportunity to being your day with us at the surf. Stretch out your body and reflect upon the chances for happiness and awareness as the sun rises.
So, bring your water bottle and yoga mat or towel, but be prepared for sandy toes! Great for campers or adults wishing to come into the park for the day!
Before you can join us:
• Park entry fee paid before trip
• All children must be accompanied by an adult
What to expect:
• Non-yogi instruction, ranger-led fitness
• Prepared for a short sun salutations and deep stretching
• Sandy stretching, windy conditions
• 1 hour program of relaxation, reflection, and shared hope