08/19/2014 (6:00 pm - 7:00 pm)
Houston Arboretum & Nature Center
4501 Woodway Dr
Houston, Texas 77024
The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines wellness as: “the quality or state of being in good health especially as an actively sought goal”. So how do you achieve wellness in this fast-paced world? Start by walking at least 30 minutes every day in a beautiful outdoor setting. Jump start your regimen and get tips for a healthier life with this new class.
Join Dr. Kress Williams of the Texas Health & Weight Institute every Tuesday evening for a fact-filled, hour-long “walk & talk” from the Visitor’s Center to three various stopping points along the Arboretum’s trails. Each week, Dr. Williams will share tips and information at each stop that will allow you to cope with one of the following issues in as little as 5-10 minutes a day.
- Pain – including Sciatica, Disc, Neck, Migraine, Back Surgery, Shoulder, Knee and more.
- Posture – too much sitting, texting, driving, watching TV and more.
- Balance – affects walking, climbing, sports and falling.
- Weight – cravings, genetics, diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol and digestion.
- Sleep – stress, age and insomnia.
- Stress – reduce it with simple relaxation, visualization and meditation techniques.
To register, call (713) 681-8433 or contact [email protected]. You can also register on the day of class; please come 15 minutes early to register before class begins.