- Dawn Patrol is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to see breathtaking views of cranes in flight as they awaken and leave their roosting grounds at sunrise. This experience, at a private location on the West End of Galveston Island, will be complete with a symphony of trumpeting crane calls and the drumbeat of flapping wings overhead.
- Coffee & Cranes with Jim Stevenson Galveston’s own local ornithologist will present Cranes: Worldwide to Galveston Island. After a lively presentation and discussion, we will embark on a self-driving tour to crane hotspots to see Sandhill Cranes as they forage and play. Viewing areas will be outfitted with spotting scopes, and local experts will be on hand to assist and answer questions.
- East End Winter Coastal Birding is an adventurous birding tour to a diverse habitat to see other wintering and resident birds. Small buses will drive the loop roads and beach area around the East End Lagoon Nature Park and Preserve, East End Seawall Blvd., Boddecker Dr. and Apffel Park. Local avian experts will guide this ride/easy walk adventure designed for birders of all skill levels.
Sunday, Dec. 10, 2017
- Dawn Patrol(second offering) is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to see breathtaking views of cranes in flight as they awaken and leave their roosting grounds at sunrise. This experience, at a private location on the West End of Galveston Island, will be complete with a symphony of trumpeting crane calls and the drumbeat of flapping wings overhead.
- Winter Birding on the Isle’s West End will take participants by small buses to favorite West End birding hotspots including freshwater ponds, coastal marshes, bay waters and the beach. The trip will feature Sandhill Cranes, multiple species of ducks and hawks, White-tailed Kites, and close looks at sandpipers, gulls, terns, and American Oystercatchers.
Visit http://www.galvestonnaturetourism.org/holiday-with-the-cranes/ for additional details on each event and to register. Registration prices vary based on event and occupancy is limited.
Bayou City Adventures offers kayak rentals for only $5 per person. For more information visit ...read more
Mussel Pond Preserve
Mussel Pond Preserve is a 22 acre conservation easement under Legacy Land Trust located on ...read more
Hugo Point Park and Boat Ramp
This park features nature trails, fishing, boat ramps and birding. Hugo Point Park ...read more
This Chambers County park has fishing, bird watching, a picnic area, and playgrounds. McCollum Park ...read more