There is still time to signup for Bayou Land Conservancy’s Spring Creek Ambassador program. The next training is Fall 2018 with the first day of training set for October 4 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Big Stone Lodge at Dennis Johnston Park. Spring Creek Greenway Ambassador curriculum includes:
- Orientation to Bayou Land Conservancy and the Ambassador Program (October 4 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.)
- Local flora/fauna identification on the trail (October 6 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.)
- Access points of the Spring Creek Greenway (October 13 9:00 a.m. to noon)
- Environmental Education – kayaking, dipnetting and nature identification (October 27 9:00 a.m. to noon)
- Trail Maintenance (November 3 9:00 a.m. to 11:30)
Ambassadors are trained to do trail maintenance, volunteer for the Spring Creek Greenway Nature Center, help with school groups, and other fun outdoor activities on the north and west side of town. To see other training dates and information about what to bring and where to meet select Bayou Land Conservancy Ambassador Training. To RSVP, call 281-576=1634.
Bayou City Adventures offers kayak rentals for only $5 per person. For more information visit ...read more