There is still time to signup for Bayou Land Conservancy’s Spring Creek Ambassador program. The next training is Spring 2018 with the first day of training set for March 15 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Big Stone Lodge at Dennis Johnston Park. Spring Creek Greenway Ambassador curriculum includes:
- Introduction to Bayou Land Conservancy and the Ambassador Program (March 15 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.)
- Access points of the Spring Creek Greenway (March 17 9:00 a.m. to noon)
- Local flora/fauna identification (March 24 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.)
- Trail Maintenance (April 7 9:00 a.m. to noon)
- Environmental Education (April 21 9:00 a.m. to noon)
Ambassadors are trained to do trail maintenance, volunteer for the Spring Creek Greenway Nature Center, help with school groups, and other fun outdoor activities on the north and west side of town. To see the other training dates and information about what to bring and where to meet select Bayou Land Conservancy Ambassador Training. To RSVP, call 281-576=1634.
Bayou City Adventures offers kayak rentals for only $5 per person. For more information visit ...read more